Thought to take with you: Facebook estimated that 2.2 billion people use Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, or Messenger each day. If you are not taking advantage of social media marketing, you are letting potential business slip through your fingers that you could take to the bank.
- Users who are 65 years and older are the fastest-growing group on Facebook
- Fewer teens are using Facebook now than in previous years
- 74% of Facebook users are high-income earners and even surpasses LinkedIn, which reaches just 49% of users making more than $75,000
- 88% of Facebook users are on the platform to stay in contact with friends and family
- Highest traffic occurs mid-day Wednesday and Thursday, so the best time to post on social media platforms is between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m
- This year, the average daily time on Facebook is predicted to remain flat at 1 hour 15 minutes each day, globally. Americans consume at a higher rate, bringing the national average to almost 4 hours
- 94% of Facebook Ad revenue is from mobile, while only 6% is desktop related
- The average price for Facebook Ads decreased 6% in 2019. This is mainly due to the increase in available ad inventory because people spend more time online than ever before
- The average cost per click for a Facebook Ad is $1.72 according to a study by Wordstream
- Mobile-friendly graphics generate higher engagement
- Users watch 85% of Facebook videos without sound, making it extremely important to focus on eye-catching imagery
- Square Facebook videos get 35% more views than landscape videos
A major theme this year is the continued growth of Facebook Ads and the emphasis of video graphics on the platform. Knowing Facebook statistics and trends can help you modify your marketing strategy so that you can increase engagement, reach your audience, and meet your goals.
How will these statistics shape your 2020 Facebook marketing strategy? Let us help you grow your business with a strategic social media plan.